Aunt Denise's Sugar Cookie Recipe

For those of you who know me well, or follow the blog, you know I use this recipe on a regular basis. It rocks!

1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. butter (use real butter, it makes all the difference)
3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla (use real vanilla, again, it makes all the difference)
3 1/4 c. flour
1/4 cream of tartar (I found that you can substitute 1/2 tsp. baking powder)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another, then combine it all. Chill for at least a few hours. Roll out and cut out in the usual sugar-cookie way. Bake at 375 for around 8 mins, depending on the thickness of your cookies and the oven.

1 comment:

Rose said...

There were things here too that we did not get photos of. I wished I had captured on video the race car track "aka" tread mill. It was the first time the thing had been started up in months and was a good use of the thing. Other things I wished we have captured included the cooking, the meals and the opening of Christmas gifts. we did have a lot to be thankful for and appreciated the time you took to be with us.
Papa Rick