Part Deux

We had our last day of the rifle/handgun ranges. It was a lot of fun to shoot at an army range. The range goes out over 400m with random pop-up targets spread across a lane that goes out for a long distance. Pictures can't capture the vastness of the range. Every few seconds a target will pop up somewhere between 25 and 400 meters out. The targets stay up for 2-5 seconds and all shots are electronically stored. We took 40 shots and I am ashamed to say I only hit 9.



In my defense the optics were broken on my rifle and I had to use the old-fashioned iron sights. People regularly shoot very well with those iron sights, but I was just not so used to them.




We got to ride out to the ranges in the back of an open troop transport. It was a hot day so it was very nice to have the breeze.





The last half of the day was the handgun range. I was much more successful at that. The only time I missed the 9" target was when we were doing "double-tap" shots where you take the second shot immediately after the first without aiming.

No comments: