Summer Highlights-Girls Camp

I had the amazing opportunity to go to Girls Camp this year as a member of the Board of Camp Directors. I was put in charge of YCLs, which are the 5th and 6th year youth leaders. We had a campout and an awesome hike up at Mt. Rainier for some leadership training before camp. And camp itself was...well...an experience I'll never forget. I loved it. I loved the girls. I was asked to teach the class of all classes...Sexual Purity from the For the Strength of Youth. I panicked, I agonized, I fervently prayed. And it came to me, I would talk about chocolate cake. That is all I will give you right now because the rest is such good conversation. Ask me about it sometime. Okay, I'll give you a hint; What happens when you put the frosting first as you're baking the cake? C'mon, it's the best part isn't it? Why not put it first? What? You say it needs to be in the proper order? You have to bake the cake first? ....and so on. My own little baking show. :D It was the craziest, most excellent lesson I have ever taught, and a most memorable spiritual experience. I'll say that much. God lives, and he is very aware of these girls. :D

As for the kids...well they played with Amanda all week. And Elliott is still praying that mom will come home safely from Girls Camp.


That chocolate cake looked so decadent after we had been at camp for a couple days...no worries, I made sure each of the girls, all 140 of them, had a chocolate cupcake to enjoy. All a part of my metaphor.


Do you see the intensity in my face?! Yikes! Let me also say that I said things that those girls had never heard a youth leader say in a lesson before. I was as frank as frank can be.
These are my 6th years. Aren't they adorable?

1 comment:

Miss Heather said...

You are AWESOME! That would be a super challenging lesson... you are amazing... I LOVE YOU! :)