Summer Highlights-Half Marathon

Back in Febuary of this year I decided I would give my body a brake and I replaced running with walking everyday. Well, the end of May Sarah called me up and asked invited me to run a half marathon in Boise with her and Amber on July 10. I had 5 weeks to kick into gear again! But I have never been so excited to run a race...it would be with Michael's awesome sisters. I was so motivated, I followed a strict training schedule, and somehow pulled it together. The three of us made it together, running (slowly but surely) the whole 13.1 miles. I have never wanted to quit so badly as I did those last two miles. I had a bad cramp and the race didn't provide much water along the way...if it weren't for Sarah on one side and Amber on the other...

Now I'm pretty excited to do another one...I hear the Rock'N'Roll in Seattle is pretty awesome. Anyone want to join me? Registration is now open!




You can see I am so exhausted that I can barely lift my smiley muscles for the picture.

1 comment:

Miss Heather said...

Good job on the half-marathon, Andrea!! That's awesome!!!!!