Spring Unveiling - Lovely Astrid

The best part of our weekend away was the Cassandra Barney's spring unveiling.  Andrea has been dying to meet her for some time.

















This is the second take of this picture.  Andrea was unhappy with the original picture we took like this, so we had to return the next day and re-take it. I joke that she is obsessed and going to start stalking C.B. I think this is the type of fan attention that C.B. must get - I heard a couple discussing whether to put off having a child to purchase a painting (yes, they were joking).

This is the painting that Andrea picked out. She loves it because we live near Seattle - and the picture is a little grey, but with the eyes and Cassandra Barney style that she loves.

Hanging the painting turned into a huge production or ceremony - The kids ran around and got all crazy - maybe they could sense Andrea's excitement.... or maybe the babysitter gave them too much sugar while we were gone.

This is the "chosen" spot. I think the requirements were that it had to be where Andrea could see it each day. And of course it had to match the room colors.

2 comments:

Miss Heather said...

She's amazing! I'm jealous you bought one of her paintings! I love it! :)

The Roberts said...

Hey now....they didn't have any sugar. I followed your rules. =] I think they were just excited to see you!! And collin's "ugly stick"!! HAHA!!! =] That made me laugh.
Amanda