Meeting Cassandra Barney

For some reason I was all nervous to meet her. I have adored her work for the last few years, and have enjoyed reading bits of her blog and such... I think I was hoping we could be best friends. :D I felt just like Honey, on Notting Hill who, when she meets Julia Robert's celebrity character for the first time says:

"...this is one of those key moments
in life, when it's possible you can be
really, genuinely cool -- and I'm going
to fail a hundred percent. I absolutely
and totally and utterly adore you and I
think you're the most beautiful woman
in the world and more importantly I
genuinely believe and have believed for
some time now that we can be best
friends. What do you think?"





It turns out that she is every bit as beautiful and cool as I thought she was, and I adore her and her work even more.

You can see my backside on her own blog here. LOL

5 comments:

Cassandra Barney said...

#1 I am the LUCKY one because I got to meet you.
#2 YOU are super beautiful.
#3 Your pictures are ten, maybe twenty times better than mine which is why I haven't posted any on my blog. If you want, send me some.
#4 Your thoughtful gift had a big impact on my day and I am very grateful to you for that. Seriously, thank you so much.
#5 My youngest kitten (who is in the litho on your bedroom wall) has worn one of your headbands everyday this week and switched the fabric back and forth several times a day AND it's so well made that it looks perfect. I'm impressed.
#6 This is the longest comment I've ever left...ever!

Hugs, Cassandra

Miss Heather said...

Did Cassandra Barney SERIOUSLY just leave a comment on your BLOG? I am FREAKING OUT right now! I ADORE HER!! You are SO SO SO LUCKY!!!!!!!

Kellianne said...

I think I might be more jealous than I've ever been in my whole entire life! I love Cassandra Barney's work too and have a few, but that one you bought is beautiful. What a great find! I wish I could have been there too. You always do the funnest things :D I need to find a new piece for my new house...

Michael and Andrea said...

Kellianne, you need to check out "Be Where Your Feet Are" and "And They Danced." I loved hearing Cassandra talk about what they meant to her...the first about being present in the moment you're in...the second about dancing with your trials, handling them gracefully...

Kellianne said...

Thanks for the suggesstions :D