Long Week

I had a really long week. I am dealing with a commander that I don't get along with well. The commander talks over everyone and either shoots down ideas or claims that the idea was already thought of. Fortunately it is not my direct commander, just someone whom I advise. But the downside is that I am outside of the circle of trust so i get ignored a lot. I am not sure if it is because I am not from Texas or if it is because I am Air Force or just a captain or what. In my saner moments, I know that I am not the only one treated this way - so at least I have miserable company :)

Today has been a great day. It is my day off - I woke up and did a 5 mile run along the perimeter of my base. I got to see the sunrise and have some fresh air before it reaches purgatorial temperatures.





Later I had a nice long lunch with my co-workers where we sat and made fun of the commander that we all dislike.

Lastly I went out to the bazaar and purchased a silk rug for Andrea. I am hoping she likes it. It is a smaller one (6'x4') but I liked the colors and I felt bad for the seller. I hadn't planned on buying anything, but he kept on going down and after we got to under 60% off of the original asking price I felt obligated to buy it.



I also went out with a friend I met at church and lifted weights - not my normal exercise back at home, but I figure that since I have a little extra time, I might do some extra exercise.

Since it is my day off, I also cleaned up my room - it is amazing how valuable this 6'x10' room is to me. It is so nice to just have a little semi-private space to relax in.





Also, the Washington post has an article about my work and about some of the stress that is going on out here. It is rare to read about this place and since I can't talk about it, you might be interested in knowing a little about what goes on.

1 comment:

The Roberts said...

AHH!! Bro. Jones...I see those pictures on your wall!! I was there when we did those! haha....I'm glad to see that they made it to you....I figured that you would like it and Isabel joined right on in! THey look very nice there on your wall. A very "homey" look. =]
Amanda R.