
It is one thing that I really wanted to bring back as a souvenier. Today at the bazaar i was able to buy a couple of items. The first is just a paperweight. I am feeling a little zen today so I didn't want it to be cut or shaped, just a simple polished stone. There are little flecks of pyrite and quartz in the stone as well - it makes it not as valuble, but I think it adds to the look.

The vendor gave me this pendant as an extra gift because I was the first customer of the day. He was also the guy that said his brother walked barefoot up the mountain through mine fields just to bring this one piece of stone back. I think I will give this to Isabel unless Andrea wants to claim it first. On the webcam this morning Isabel was trying to get me to buy her a ruby ring or other ruby jewlry - so don't feel bad for her.

My big souvenier is this chess set. It is made with white marble and lapis. I don't have a chess set at home and I thought this would make a good one. I was looking for something a little more ornate, but apparently Lapis doesn't carve very easily so it has to be fairly simple.



Now I just have to figure out how to get it home.


3 comments:
I LOVE the chess set!
The chess set is amazing! I love it!
That's so cool! I have a friend from Chile and they do a lot with Lapis Lazuli there too. He gave me an owl pendant for my birthday made of it. It's awesome!
I'm jealous of the chess set though!!
Post a Comment