Memorial Day


I always feel a certain reverence on Memorial Day, but this year I feel even more tender. I am grateful for Michael and his willingness to serve in Afghanistan right now. I am grateful for the many women and men who have served and are currently serving in the armed forces. I feel a deep appreciation for the families who support them. I have only been doing this less than two months, and some families have to do it for 15 months and more. And more than once. I feel humbled when I think of the many who have lost their lives, and for the families they have left behind. I am grateful for the many freedoms I have as a result of their sacrifices.


Let me also say, that I am grateful for the ones who support the families of deployed spouses. The YMCA is saving my sanity right now with a free membership for me and the kids, and free babysitting. And my neighbors Kevin and Susan...they do so much. Susan invites the kids over to play, Kevin mowes both my lawns. It seriously looks like a park. The kids are sitting on the front lawn in the picture, so notice the gorgeous grass that I don't have to stress over. Thank you so much!


And, Babe, I love you.

1 comment:

Miss Heather said...

We pray for you and Michael every night. I'm glad you're hanging in there.