Nancy's Cake

Words can't say how much fun I had making this cake for Nancy's babyshower this morning. (She is the one I was making the invitations for over the holidays...for those of you who saw me working on those). Anyway, Aunt Karen and Amber both inspired me to venture out and make this cake. And it was AWESOME!!! The strawberries were the best part...so pretty and fun to see them actually turn out (they are kind of tricky, so Amber gave me some good tips...thank you, Amber!)



I seriously assembled this cake in 5 minutes. Of course, I had the strawberries all made a couple of hours ahead of time. I woke up nice and early. I actually made the frosting TWICE, because the first time I added way too much food coloring and it was neon pink. Not bright pink...NEON-GLOW-IN-THE-DARK PINK! (Does anyone remember my retainer?) This turned out a much paler and nicer hue. :D


Look at how messy my kitchen is in the background. Actually, this doesn't even show the half of it!

The light colored wafers are Pirrouette by Pepperidge Farms, and the dark ones are Oreo.



Looks like a basket of strawberries. I was giddy at this point. Notice my flairing nostrils?



Putting the strawberries in the basket, la, la, la...


Finished and displayed on Nancy's table. I snagged a couple of strawberries as soon as I took this picture...I had been waiting all morning to try one out. The chocolate wound up being pretty thick on them...which I loved.




2 comments:

Miss Heather said...

That turned out so cute! What a great idea!

Twice As Nice Bake Shop said...

Greart job you are so talented in every thing that you do. Love you Aunt Karen