Break with Mom

Since Michael has left, I have my babysitter come over once a week so I can get out by myself for a few hours. It does wonders. Period. Well last week I thought that this might work well for the kids too. I took Isabel out on a little break away. We went to dinner and to a bookstore. Sorry, I forgot the camera. This week was Collin's turn, so I took a few pictures. (I should also mention that we took the opportunity to make a little sticker chart for Collin to be able to go to the "train restaurant," as he calls it. It is a real treat for him and he has been begging me to go there. He hasn't been eating his dinners lately, just refusing to eat, or getting up and playing, or whining about mom's choice of entree, etc. So he ate his dinner for 9 days and earned the 9 required stickers it took to go his restaurant of choice.)

He really wanted a picture of his new Optimus Prime T-shirt. I think Transformers are becoming his new thing.



At the "train restaurant" the decor is...you guessed it. But there is a very cool model train that runs the entire perimeter of the restaurant and we enjoy watching it make its rounds.






Collin was totally excited about eating some pancakes for brinner.


1 comment:

Miss Heather said...

I wish I was there to help you with the kids. I think you are an amazing mom... your idea to take each of them out individually is awesome. I love you!