Ride on the Christmas Train

We have been promising Collin that we would take him on a real train after he was successfully potty trained. A year later :( , we came through for him, and we rode the Christmas train in Elbe Washington before Michael left for Alabama.


The train conductor was totally awesome and after the ride he let Collin and Isabel go up and see the engine. Collin got to see into the firebox. He said it was orange inside and made his shoes and face feel warm. So neat!



















Isabel met a friend on the train. Her name was Isabelle and she was born the same month as Isabel! They were twins.











I think this was the real Santa!




















Halfway through the trip we hooked onto a special passenger car containing Santa and his workshop. The red spot in the picture is Santa standing at his entrance while our train back up into the car.













I love the wonderment and awe that Collin exuded the whole time. What a sweetie! I don't think he will ever forget this. Oh, to be like a child.































2 comments:

Rose said...

I love the photos from the day on the train. What I treat for everyone. I am sure Isabel and Collin will never forget this; especially the visit to Santa and the Engineer.

love
Papa

Miss Heather said...

You guys look like you had SO MUCH FUN!! I'm jealous!