DIY Wedding

I know, I know...who out there is tired of seeing "First, the Dress"? I know a lot of you have been wanting more about the wedding. Well, the dress was the first phase of our do-it-yourself wedding. As a family we totally get into creating a wedding. We go all out. Here are all the rest of the phases, not in any particular order of importance:

Oh wait...first I have to tell you that my favorite line from the whole entire year of 2010 comes from this DIY wedding experience. When Debbie flew in a week in advance for the wedding preparations, she hadn't even started making the stakecenter-sized tent yet and Amber asked, "Mom, um, could you make all the bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres?" To which Debbie replied, "Sure, let me finish the tent first."

Okay, now here they are:

1. Aunt Karen's sugar cookies...each one is decorated differently!

2. Amber's wedding announcements, designed here and then Amber took them to a printer.

3. Our old fashioned candy buffet (with little boxes to fill up for favors) ...I found the apothecary jars at Michael's (which, not only do they have their 40% off coupons, but they also accept Joann coupons. Who knew?) , and Sarah found the perfectly colored candy.

4. Paper pom poms for something modern and different, found here.

5. Flower centerpieces...Sarah is the designer, Costco is the supplier, and I am just the helper. :)

6. All bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages were made by Debbie...after she finished sewing the tent. (!!!)

7. The cupcakes...oh, the cupcakes! 400 and something cupcakes baked and frozen ahead of time, and then we piped delicious frosting the day before the wedding. Recipes are from the famous Sprinkles. Um, Sarah I'm realizing as my mouth is watering that I need to get those recipes from you...um, soon.

8. Yes, the bride made her own cake...that little baker! She found the sugarveil lace on etsy and she did the rest herself, down to rolling out the fondant icing.



















































































































The simple and gorgeous bridal bouquet. Made by the ever talented Debbie Jones. :D


















By the way, the cupcake stands...yep, Sarah and Amber.
















I adored the cake, simple two-tier sweetie. Everyone ate the cupcakes so no need to stress over cutting and serving the cake.

2 comments:

Miss Heather said...

Um, can I just say WOW? That's the most amazing homemade wedding I've ever seen! I wish I had the tent at my reception!!! :) (I mean, I did love the pillars and streamer-type "tent" I had but geez... that one is fantastic!).... so my question is did she actually save money doing it this way? It turned out so incredible... beautiful and perfect. :) YOU are amazing!!!! You are so talented!!!!

Michael and Andrea said...

Yes! I think she saved one hundred billion dollars. :D