Michael took Collin on a father/son camping trip this weekend, so Isabel and I (Elliott tagged along, too) had a "girlie weekend." We went out for chocolate milkshakes with sprinkles on top and I took her to Club Libby Lu where she got to dress up and put makeup and nailpolish on and go shopping all by herself. : ) She had so much fun, she is such the girlie girl at times!
Afterward we walked down the mall and she noticed people looking her way and said, "I am fabulous, aren't I!" To which I said, "You are always fabulous, people are just looking at you because you stand out." I, of course wanted to say, "They're staring at your crazy wig!"
We had a sweet little discussion about how it is fun to play "dress-ups" sometimes, but that is not what makes us beautiful or fabulous. I told her that she is always beautiful because she is kind to other people (even her friends that can be so mean sometimes) and she is friendly and sweet and smart. She is my fabulous little Isabel!


2 comments:
Hi Sis. Jones!! It's Amanda. Isabel looks like she had a lot of fun!! I'm going to have to say though, I think she should stick with her regular hair color. :)Don't ever let her color her hair. :) Well...I'll see you on Saturday!!
Aww.. I love girlie outings! I used to be totally opposed to Libby Lu's but that's where Mags had her 8th birthday party with a few close girlfriends. I love that you reinforced the beauty comes from inside :) Isabel is FABU inside and out!
Post a Comment